It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 am 
Offline
Scavenger
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 pm
Posts: 204
Ikran wrote:
I finally had to give up on this server this morning because I was having some really strange issues. A new match started but I couldn't spawn, so I left the match and rejoined. Then I could spawn, but my game was like in a permanent state of lag. The other players were all just running in a straight line like when you get really bad lag, but I could still see the chat and kill messages as normal. I tried exiting the match and the game several times, but the problem persisted.

I don't know if it's an issue related directly to your server, because it seemed to be just me experiencing it (or at least no one else mentioned it). It had been working just fine before the previous match ended though, and it only started with the new match.

I love this server though, and it's pretty much the only one I play on now (unless it's empty). :D


I will restart it when I get the chance,it might fix some of these issues

_________________
Image
Good Ol' Gaming. Just Game. http://www.goodolgaming.com

Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
Raptor
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 pm
Posts: 314
Also try and Verify the Integrity of the game files through steam.

_________________
Stop by my YouTube for Primal Carnage videos
Friendly Neighborhood Admin Overlord of Docks 24/7
Merciless Iron Fist Clad Koala Admin of 3 Rex - 750 Kills - No Time Limit!

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:35 am 
Offline
Hatchling
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 27
Location: Ammonia Avenue
awww it used to be a fun server until this jazz cretin started kicking some people using pteras just because they were putting humans on tall places, claiming its his "job" to enforce the rules... wonder where is that rule they where breaking and how does it really affect gameplay? Its annoying, but let people play the game like they want ffs, its easy to get another Ptera and drop those humans to their death, its not like the game got tons of players and this kind of creeps limiting the game to their needs and just looking for an excuse to shove their special internet status on random people doesnt really help...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 am 
Offline
Hunter-gatherer
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 576
One of the rules of the server is to not put humans out of reach. Jazz is an admin, so yes, it is his job to kick people if they don't follow the rules. It's also a server admin's right to choose how they want their own server to run. If you don't like a particular server's set of rules, maybe find another server more to your liking.

_________________
Sharp-Toothed Admin of Docks 24/7 & Good Ol Gaming

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 am 
Offline
Paleontologist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 am
Posts: 1822
Location: Utah
Armonite wrote:
awww it used to be a fun server until this jazz cretin started kicking some people using pteras just because they were putting humans on tall places, claiming its his "job" to enforce the rules... wonder where is that rule they where breaking and how does it really affect gameplay? Its annoying, but let people play the game like they want ffs, its easy to get another Ptera and drop those humans to their death, its not like the game got tons of players and this kind of creeps limiting the game to their needs and just looking for an excuse to shove their special internet status on random people doesnt really help...


If people are screw around like that then they can do that on another server.

And it does effect gameplay. When there's a bunch of snipers in a place where the dinos can't reach that can have a significant effect on the game. It sucks for the dino team when they're getting sniped and can't do much about it.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 am 
Offline
Hunter-gatherer
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 am
Posts: 856
Location: California's Wine Country
Armonite wrote:
awww it used to be a fun server until this jazz cretin started kicking some people using pteras just because they were putting humans on tall places, claiming its his "job" to enforce the rules... wonder where is that rule they where breaking and how does it really affect gameplay? Its annoying, but let people play the game like they want ffs, its easy to get another Ptera and drop those humans to their death, its not like the game got tons of players and this kind of creeps limiting the game to their needs and just looking for an excuse to shove their special internet status on random people doesnt really help...

You were temporarily banned for repeatedly breaking server rules even after being requested to stop, encouraging others to break server rules, and for harrassing an admin.

Your ban will be lifted in the near future in the hope that you can play nice with others and respect server rules.

If you have any problems with the way I admin, feel free to contact the server owners, ScottyMinotaur and Teeth_03

_________________


Last edited by JazzDalek on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 am 
Offline
Paleontologist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 am
Posts: 1822
Location: Utah
'Kay we got a hacker in the server at this very moment. Goes by the name of Urban, using a speed hack.

screenie of scoreboard:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/885220845167818392/EF39A3F65068487A3161FBD111C0DB91DCF87C2A/

He's the top score on the enemy team.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:12 am 
Offline
Hunter-gatherer
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 am
Posts: 856
Location: California's Wine Country
Arrozito wrote:
'Kay we got a hacker in the server at this very moment. Goes by the name of Urban, using a speed hack.

screenie of scoreboard:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/885220845167818392/EF39A3F65068487A3161FBD111C0DB91DCF87C2A/

He's the top score on the enemy team.

I'm at work otherwise I'd take care of him, sorry for the inconvenience :(

_________________


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 am 
Offline
Raptor
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 pm
Posts: 314
I got him. Good riddance too. Also you can add me to steam to let me know of any hackers. If I am available I will strike down with the fury of 16 bear traps smothered in the eternal flames of despair and reckoning, also with 3 paper cuts.

_________________
Stop by my YouTube for Primal Carnage videos
Friendly Neighborhood Admin Overlord of Docks 24/7
Merciless Iron Fist Clad Koala Admin of 3 Rex - 750 Kills - No Time Limit!

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Docks 24/7 - Server Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
Hatchling
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 27
Location: Ammonia Avenue
Too bad it didnt take long to the usual whiney man-childs to make admins come up with pointless, made up, gameplay limiting "rules" (restrictions) because they cant play the game just like it is, i dont even do that often, but i have seen dozens of times pteras lifting humans and dino team still winning the round with ease, it really doesnt chage anything at all, because how really hard it is to switch to ptera class and drop the "snipers" (must people that gets lifted are clueless random players that cant hit anything anyway) to their deaths? is just part of the game, if you like it or not is a totally different matter, if everyone played just the way others wanted/liked game would be boring as hell.

JazzDalek wrote:
You were temporarily banned for repeatedly breaking server rules even after being requested to stop, encouraging others to break server rules, and for harrassing an admin.

Your ban will be lifted in the near future in the hope that you can play nice with others and respect server rules.

If you have any problems with the way I admin, feel free to contact the server owners, ScottyMinotaur and Teeth_03


Repeatedly breaking the server rules? wow youre either just an hypocrite acting all civil here trying to justify an undeserved, trigger-happy ban or just confused... I wonder what are those rules you claim i repeatedly broke? I wasnt even helping or taking humans to tall places when you banned me, like i said before, i dont even do that often and i certainly wasnt doing it that day, it was the first time i heard there was a rule against taking humans to tall places and thats why i told you to stop acting like a douche and threatening players that they will be kicked if they keep doing it, i was telling you to stop limiting the gameplay, claiming that i was "encouraging others to break server rules" for that is just another douche move.

About the play nice with others thing... well i dont really need some guy that cant even make proper use of his admin commands to tell me how i should play this game, i usually end on top of the scoreboard on every match because im used to help the team im playing as much as i can and i have never been reported by other players before or warned about breaking the rules. The truth is that this ban was for personal reasons and the comments i made, because obviously you think your too good to take any criticism, do i really need to list what are the problems of having people like that as admin? Good luck with your server.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: