It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Single player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm 
Donator

Hey guys, Opening a new topic but this time it is to discuss the possible single player mode for Primal Carnage
So do you think they should have it, what should they put in it and why

All opinions in my posts are mine, so back off buddy!!!

Read my Monster Hunter fanfiction, a new Episode up every Tuesday!!! MONSTER HUNTER - IGNITION

Post subject: Re: Single player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm 
Compsognathus

single player would be really hard to make for this sadly =/ just because the dinosaurs can, from what i'm seeing, immobilize you at will. For instance what would you do if a raptor jumped on you and started to rip your face off? My idea would be like your with a team of 4 others (one of each class for the best balance) and you pick which human class you'd like to be and you go have fun killing dinosaurs and have a cool storyline to go with it. I would think with this also you could do a co-op play and play through the campaign with friends also. I'd be really interseting if there were a dinosaur campaign too :D with the dinosaurs i'd think it would be a simple storyline of how the animal survived on the island and show how the island went to ruins after the dinosaurs escaped and fighting all the humans of course. Also the only thing i c really being able to hold the dinosaurs down is the trappers net. so for instance, your the raptor now your like "o yea bout to go rip this guy's face off" and all of a sudden your being held down by a little net. how would u get out? For this problem i thought of how some games use rapid button pushing as struggling and after some time of struggling you could b free! :D I don't think this would work for humans unless it was the heavy againist a raptor, compy's, and/or the pteranodon.(thus the reason for the team of 5 humans) I don't c the heavy pulling off a king kong on t-rex sadly =/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:38 pm 
Carnivore

Single player would most likely consist of the backstory behind the game and would probably go more in-depth into the characters. As for the gameplay of single player itself, it would most likely be the same as multiplayer, but instead, with NPC dinosaurs as well as new areas to explore the linearity of the campaign. The gameplay would probably highlight the mercs adventures to shut down the facility and destroy the remaining dinosaurs (or to simply survive if they landed and ended up getting more than they bargained for). A lot of the specifics of single player would have to rely on the back story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:46 am 
Donator

Well me myself would think of some L4D approach for the Human campaign but with mercs and dino's.
For the Dino story mode how about some RPG'esque Story with the dino's breaking out and then fighting mercs and soldiers with a AI controlled posse of the other dino's with who you can switch to. say you come across a clearing and there's a group of soldiers, you switch from the raptor to the dilo spit at them and then Rex them up.

All opinions in my posts are mine, so back off buddy!!!

Read my Monster Hunter fanfiction, a new Episode up every Tuesday!!! MONSTER HUNTER - IGNITION

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm 
Paleontologist
 WWW  Profile

I would say maybe they have both storys of the dinosaurs and humans. Like the Dinosaurs would be like trying to survive on the island and roam free eating,surviving, and taking down anything in its way. Humans would prob be like them trying to stop the dinosaurs and try and take down all the dinosaurs and the machins that created them. And try and take them down once and for all.

Last edited by togar321 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 am 
Donator

"...would be like trying to survive on the island and roam free eating, breeding, surviving, and taking down anything in its way." -togar321

Sounds like someone already has their New Year's Eve party all planned out. :lol:

-Windebieste.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:09 am 
Donator

Winde...that's brilliant...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:30 am 
Donator

togar321 wrote:
Like the Dinosaurs would be like trying to survive on the island and roam free eating, breeding, surviving, and taking down anything in its way.

ok i understand the free roam surviving and stuff but breeding? really?

oh, and winde your a beast :lol:

Primal Carbonatite!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:53 am 
Primal Carnage Team - Artist
 WWW  Profile

I can imagine a level where you're trying to make it through a herd of Diplodocus in mating season...

It'd be quite a challenge, and wouldn't paint the dinosaurs in a bad light when they step on you since all they want is a little lovin, not to stamp ya purposefully out of existence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 am 
Donator

he meant the dinosaurs we play as

Primal Carbonatite!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next