It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Pre-Alpha testing has started!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 am 
Raptor

Hi there,

Primal Carnage is currently looking for Alpha Testers and since you're a valued donator we'd like to give you the opportunity to apply for one of these positions. To be an Alpha Tester, you'll need to fulfill the following criteria:

- You must be a donator.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Must sign an NDA.
- Able to test Primal Carnage for a minimum of 1-2 hours per day.
- Submit a document each day containing bugs, likes/dislikes, ideas etc.

So, if you feel like you tick all the above boxes please send post detailing why you'd make a great alpha tester here on this thread. We're looking for helpful, mature people who are able to effectively communicate their ideas to us - so please keep that in mind when writing your application!

We look forward to testing Primal Carnage with you!

Regards,
Primal Carnage Development Team

For those applying for this activity, please be aware that this is Alpha testing at its most early stage; bugs will be present in abundance and key features will be absent. Alpha testing is NOT intended to represent the game in its finished or ready to release state. Expect to find many, many issues that may require attention.

-Windebieste.

Post subject: Re: Pre-Alpha testing has started!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am 
Donator

Well Ill be. I have to say, that was fast :D Good luck y'all, now go bug hunting!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:08 pm 
Donator

For those applying for this activity, please be aware that this is Alpha testing at its most early stage; bugs will be present in abundance and key features will be absent. Alpha testing is NOT intended to represent the game in its finished or ready to release state. Expect to find many, many issues that may require attention.

-Windebieste.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 pm 
Paleontologist
 WWW  Profile

Well I'm not a donator so I can't apply, but I do have a question I'll ask for the sake of anyone who might be interested anyway..

It says 1-2 hours a day, will this be at a set time? Considering this is a multiplayer game it'd probably be safe to say that testing the game when other people are on would be undeniably beneficial, so would there be a target time for people to meet up online in order to test the game?

Also I hope people don't take this for granted, I can totally see people signing up for the testing just to get an early copy of the game but refusing to do their duties. Nonetheless, glad to hear things are at the Alpha stage now. Congrats guys, can't wait to see this game in action! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 pm 
Donator

Well good on ya guys. Wish I could test it, but whatever! Just make sure that no one goes all spoiler on us before the Beta testing. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:15 pm 
Donator
 WWW  Profile

Since you give us the opportunity to help the team, I would like to apply for an Alpha Tester position as I meet all the requirements mentioned above.

I've been a member of this community for 5 months now, and I have mostly participated in the "ideas and feedback" section, sharing my ideas about the game with others.
Video games are my favourite hobby, so spending one or two hours a day testing early features of the game wouldn't be a problem at all.

I'm well aware that alpha testing is absolutely not a representation of the final product. This is alpha-testers job to report bugs and share their ideas with the development team about the features that will be presented to them.

You rarely have the opportunity to take part in the development of a game you fully support, so that's why I'd like to join you in your efforts.

Please let me know if you're looking for more informations.

Regards,

cryptoshadow

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2,83 Ghz)
Ram: 4GB DDR2
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 5700 Series
Graphics Driver: 11.10
Display: 1920 x 1200

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 pm 
Donator
 YIM  Profile

Darn :( should have donated... oh well. at least i can sign up for the beta soon enough :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:23 pm 
Donator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

So I can sign up if one of my parents co-sign? I mean I can definitely dedicate my self to 1-2 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:05 pm 
Donator
 YIM  Profile

I dedicate my hours to at least 13 hours... all of the betas i have had i played more then enough needed, and reported a hand full of bugs. like lbp2 beta! that beta is buggy! and i have more free time then needed. i would love to be informed on when people can sign up. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm 
Donator

Parties interested in partaking in the Alpha testing can always donate now, however, that does not guarantee placing in the current Alpha testing process.

I'm not sure what additional criteria Ashton is using for selection but a Donator member's reputation and past behaviour on the forum will factor highly into the decision.

-Windebieste.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next