It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Skins?... Sure, Why Not?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm 
Former PC Writer and Community Manager

Location: Early Cretaceous, ever since the Temperal Nexus accident

Greetings Folks,

Well, I’ve got some good news for you, and some more good news :D … and maybe a little sprinkling of indifferent/bad news, depending on how you look at it. :|

First of all the good news is we will be releasing our first DLC pack in the form of five brand new Dinosaur skins.

Secondly, the more good news is this DLC pack and any future packs like it are completely additional to the already planned free DLC packs, game modes and game updates lined up for you.

The indifferent/bad news however is that this optional skin pack will not be free unfortunately. Now we’re keeping the purchase price as minimal as possible, but as these are additional and optional extras we hope you understand.

Just to be perfectly clear, once again these skins are completely additional to all previously planned DLC, and updates which will of course still be free as planned, nothing has changed there. all free DLC will still be free. ;)

The thing is we thought that you, our community, wanted more from Primal Carnage, and rather than wait around for a big update we thought you’d like the opportunity to grab a few little extras along the way, nothing necessary for competitive gameplay, nothing that will divide our community between those who purchased a new map and those that didn’t, just little tasty pieces of icing on the cake here and there, just for you. :D

So, let’s take a look at the new flavors of beastie we have for you:

“Inferno”

First up we have the Raptor (As always ;) )

The all new “Inferno” Raptor shows off its infamous evil side, and we all know how evil Novaraptor are don’t we? They always seem to pounce on you from behind when you’re not looking and then swagger away all smug and raptor like :cry: . It makes you want to blow them all up with a thermo nuclear device and be done with them once and for all. :evil:

Well, now Raptor players will be able to swagger off in extra style with the “Inferno” skin. :D

“Plagued”

Second up on the prehistoric catwalk is the Carnos “Plagued” Skin.

Now contrary to what it might sound and… er… look like, the “Plagued” Carno doesn’t actually have a horrible, disfiguring, terminal disease, he really is just that ugly, plague is more of a friendly nickname than anything else. ;)

By all means though don’t let that fact stop you from yelling “KILL IT WITH FIRE!!” as it charges you. :D

“Scorched”

Now the Ptera is getting all fired up about its new look (See what I did there? ;) )

I’m getting all hot under the collar myself at the mere thought of it burning through the sky.

Yes sir, it’s going to be 1 hot tamale and that’s no lie, but are you sure you can handle the heat?

I’ll stop now. :(

“Green Menace”

Coming back down to earth then we have the Dilo's “Green Menace” skin.

The Dilo has always been a slimy and sly customer at the best of times, now players will be able to celebrate those particular creepy attributes with this new vile looking ensemble.

We were going to call it the “Green Loogie”, but we thought that was perhaps a step too far, and people might have just eaten their lunch. You're welcome. :D

“Classic”

Last but by no means least we have the Rex.

If you could all please take a bow and pay your respects that would most appropriate, thank you.

Yes, here he is, the now classic, original Primal Carnage Rex.

You asked for him and here he is in all his glory.

No longer will you have to pine over 2 and a half year old photos and clips of the beast, a single tear trickling down your face in sadness. Unless of course that’s your thing, we certainly won’t judge. :?

There we have it, 5 new skins to drool over. :D

This first skin pack will be made available on steam on November 21st.

Price to be confirmed.

Details subject to change.

Now as an additional preview the upcoming free title update containing the second game mode is now confirmed to be:

"Get to the Chopper"

A linear objective based game mode in which the Human Team must reach the safety of an extraction helicopter while the Dino Team must prevent them from doing so.

Further details, screenshots and an in depth look at this game mode will be shown at some time in the foreseeable future.

Just a little something to look forward to there.

Post subject: Re: Skins?... Sure, Why Not?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm 
Shadow in the Night

First.

And I can't wait to use that Raptor. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm 
Forum VIP

Dilo is a must have :3, pls pls pretty pls with excesive sugar on top :3 add a frill to it in a later skin pack :3, also love the other skins, will be worth every dollar :3 or euro in my case >.>

PRO -CERATO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 pm 
Paleontologist

Simply gorgeous.

Thanks for these skins, can't wait to use them!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 pm 
Primal Games Victor

I need to get to GameStop if I'm getting these skins. The Green Pteranodon gets a bit boring sometimes.

Pro-Trike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 pm 
Paleontologist

Wow, these skins are as brutal as ****!

Though I was kinda hoping for a different texture for the carno, more spiky or something. The raptor looks a lot better.

Also I would hope that there will be another feathered raptor skin available as well?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Paleontologist
 WWW  Profile

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COST MONEY? :cry:

But anyway, these look amazing. Hopefully I can convince somebody to get the pack for me.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

~Adam Savage
+11 Slurpee Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:08 pm 
Paleontologist

Awesome!

Really need to consider buying these...

Thing is, I'm Scottish. It's the Jew stereotype, but real life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 pm 
Paleontologist

Also do we have to buy them all as a pack? Or can we buy them individually?

Cause I'll never use a naked raptor again, and I don't play the pteranadon much anyway. And his new skin is a bit unremarkable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 pm 
Carnivore

New skins? GIVE ME THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!
And i want to play the "Get to the chopper" mode too :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next